Welcome to Christian African Relief Trust
How is the charity different from others?
- There are no salaried staff. The charity is run entirely by volunteers both in the UK and Africa.
- Every penny you give goes directly towards sending goods from the UK to Africa.
- Administrative costs are met by the Trustees or by revenue from the charity shop.
- Goods are sent to relieve extreme poverty and to support development of education, medical and employment opportunities.
- Goods are distributed amongst the most needy, regardless of caste or creed, by local organisers of proven ability and trust.
- Distribution reports are sent back to the UK and shared with supporters through regular newsletters.
- Self-help projects are supported in Ghana, Liberia, Malawi, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.